Successful business outcomes involve legal and commercial risk. Managing those risks is not a set and forget exercise. Winning bids, contract terms, regulatory compliance, project administration and issue management must all play their part. Ingenium Legal offers seamless “one stop shop” legal assistance throughout the project lifecycle that doesn’t quarantine the “front end” from the “back end” of your project.
How robust are your business procedures?
Ingenium Legal can assist your business through:
- Training for your management team and staff
- Contract process review and improvement
- Improving your standard terms of trade
- Delegations and execution processes, including powers of attorney
- Managing risk associated with common complaints that sometimes lead to misleading, deceptive or unconscionable conduct.
Is your business equipped to manage the project lifecycle?
Ingenium Legal can assist your project with:
- Pre-bid agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Contract negotiation
- Contract reviews
- Standard terms of trading and engagement
- Flow-down subcontracting
- Training & documentation for bid-to-project transition
- Contract administration
- Commercial recovery solutions & management
- Supply chain failure and insolvency
- Fitout contracting
- Project completion
- Defect liability
- Operation and maintenance
- Project securities
- Project insurance
- Assistance with contentious engagements such as litigation, arbitration, expert determination,
- Security of payment and ADR.
Does your business comply?
Industry specific regulation is increasing.
Regulation is increasingly divergent between Australian states and territories.
It now affects:
- Contract terms
- Contract trust accounting
- Defects administration.
Ingenium Legal is experienced in advising on construction and engineering regulatory issues, including investigations, in every Australian state and territory.
Considering a merger or acquisition?
Does your business need legal triage or crisis management?
- Establishing lawyer-client privilege at the earliest available time
- Clear and objective identifification of your options
- Simple steps that can be implemented immediately to manage risk of inadvertant assumption of liability
- Protocols for managing risk of admissions
- Developing a strategy for dealing with with your client, your contractors
- Communications with regulators and media
- Assessing and protecting any insurance response
- Assembling the team – onboarding the right legal and technical experts before conflicts of interest emerge
- We work with builders, engineers, developers, project managers, superintendents, specialist sub-contractors, building owners, property consultants, facility operators, facility managers and architects among others.
We figure that experience + service continuity = better project outcomes.